Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year!

Here comes my traditional New Years post.

2010 was a crazy year. I say that every year though so I guess that doesn't really mean anything significant. But I did have a lot of memorable experiences this year at school, at love, at life in general. It was by and large a good year.

I'm feeling very positive about 2011. I guess it's because I love the number 11 and I'm graduating this March. I don't know where time will take me, where I will find myself after 5 months,who I'm going to be with, what things I will do but I have this inkling that wherever and whatever that is, it'll be awesome.

I don't have resolutions, I don't really believe in them. But I do have goals for 2011, well, specifically before I graduate.

1. Finish thesis. I've just finished Chapter 2 so I think it will be a smooth sail from hereon in. We're having this paper presentation on February and I am genuinely hoping my study gets selected.

2. Start a hobby. I really want to take cooking lessons. Or maybe finish learning how to drive. Or finish "You Must Love Me". Or maybe I'll just start collecting something like receipts or tissue papers.

3. Graduate. Nuff said.

4. Get a job. I got this letter from Proctor and Gamble last November.I was really psyched that I already have an offering before I could even graduate. We weren't able to attend the Forum though because we received the letter late. I don't want to end up teaching in University, at least not yet. I want to study at a university in the US or Canada or Europe. I think I'd want to be a Doctor first before I teach. There is also the Call Center, although I think I am overqualified, all modesty aside.

5. Get a boyfriend. I mean, I am 20 and I really need to have that kind of security or I will literally lose my sanity by the time I'm 27. Ezra and Paul is out of my list. A part of me will always love Ezra but I've learned to respect myself enough to just divert those romantic feelings into something platonic. And I'm very good at it, if I might add. Paul is lovely and sweet but he has zero personality and I don't think I'd want a boyfriend who doesn't know how to react. So I'll just leave my lovelife to that "Come What May" part of fate.

6. Spend less. I will try really hard to realize this.

7. Live more. And by that I mean have fun whenever there is time. Not necessarily drink and be all wild and nasty, just laugh more and spend more time with friends who make me feel better. Oh and I WILL LOSE WEIGHT because in this time and age, you don't really have much of a life when you're not skiny, don't have big boobs, and can spell pneumonia. But I promise never to dumb myself just to get some boy to like me.

8. REGRET NOTHING. This is key. I am very rational (most of the time) when I make decisions and do things. Sometimes though, I just let the chips fall where they may. And I will not regret anything that I do. I will live my life responsibly and be happy with things that will not hurt other people.

Tomorrow, i will be leaving for Cebu. It breaks my heart to think I'll have to go back to school again but every bubble has to pop sometime. Mine just did. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Heart Faint

I wrote this exactly ten years ago. About friends who don't look at each other as friends do. *** “Hoy, Cassy!” Boggs called out from be...