Sunday, May 15, 2011

Hey, you!

Hey you, boy with the ungraceful angles!

I think I smell sunshine in your hair. It kind of reminds of being in a sunflower field. See, I'd like to bring a Polaroid and keep that picture with me always. I kinda love that trench in your mouth. It seems like a perfect place to put a kiss. I love the summer in your eyes, too. It's like waking up to a good morning when I look at them.

Hey you! Boy that strangely smells like long afternoons! I think that's my heart on your hands. I don't even know how it got there. That awkward smile of yours must have stolen it. Since you already have it now, I particularly don't want it back. I've been eating a lot of strawberries and apples to take care that not too much cholesterol crowds around it so I think you should take care of it, too. Take it out for a walk, sometimes. My heart likes fresh air and long walks. A little bit of conversation would also be nice.

Hey! Hey, boy! Yes, you! Uhm. You see. I was wondering. Do you...uhm. Nevermind! I got some pride left to eat apparently. Oh well, you can always give it back to me if you don't want it. Well, do you want it? Do you? Gosh, you are so annoying!!!

But I do love the sound of your laughter. It has a beautiful ring to it. I'd love to write it down one day, together with all the secrets behind that strange twinkle in your eyes. But for now, I'll just stay here behind you, calling you out.

Hey, boy! Yes. You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Heart Faint

I wrote this exactly ten years ago. About friends who don't look at each other as friends do. *** “Hoy, Cassy!” Boggs called out from be...